…on how he feels about racing at Pocono compared to Indy:
“I think a driver can definitely be good at Pocono Raceway and at Indy. I’ve run well at both tracks. Pocono is getting more different in that you are shifting in almost every corner now where at Indy you are in fourth gear the whole time and focusing on getting through the corners. There’s definitely merit to the theory that if you are good at one you should be good at the other. I know for our setup, what we used at Indy was very similar to our Pocono setup. We were pretty good at Pocono in our last race there and we’re hoping that what we’ve learned there and last week at Indy will work well for us in the GEICO Chevrolet SS this weekend at Pocono. The three-turn track is always fun for me, but I also really appreciate the fans that come out for the Pocono races.”
Engineer Nate Troupe is a graduate of Penn State. He’s a PA native, from Mahaffey, PA.
· Primary: 546
· Backup: 541
· This weekend, our No. 13 GEICO Chevrolet SS features associate sponsorship from Twisted Tea, Sherwin Williams Automotive Finishes, Caymus Vineyards, ZAK Products, Wix Filters and Rtic Coolers. Germain Racing is proud to be a Lincoln Electric team.
· Ty Dillon is making his fourth MENCS start at Pocono
· Dillon finished 18th in his Pocono Cup Series debut, 2015-14, and led laps last June before finishing 21st at the “Tricky Triangle”
· Dillon has two NXS starts with a third-place finish in 2016 and two NCWTS starts with a best finish of sixth (2012) at Pocono
· Dillon has one win and a fourth-place finish in the ARCA Racing Series (2011) at Pocono
· Germain has 14 MENCS (best finish 12th, 2014-21) and four NCWTS (best finish 11th, 2011-14) races at Pocono
Where/When to #TuneIn – Pocono Raceway
Note: All times are ET.
Sunday, July 30
11:30 a.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Pole Qualifying, NBCSN (Canada: TSN 5)
3 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Overton’s 400 (160 laps, 400 miles), NBCSN (Canada: TSN 1, 3; TSN 4, 5 to join at 4 p.m.)